Though we all like to think we can take care of our own debts, life has a way of making matters complicated. If your debts ever get beyond your control, you may need to file bankruptcy. Before you do, you should strongly consider hiring a skilled bankruptcy attorney. For more information, visit these additional resources:
- The Better Business Bureau illustrates the differences between debt consolidation, debt negotiation and debt elimination plans.
- Federal law protects you from abusive credit card debt collectors. The AARP website explains how to keep calling creditors at bay.
- Owing the IRS back taxes can lead to high interest and compounding fees. Click through to learn more about the specific of IRS tax collection procedures.
- The most up-to-date section of the Chapter 7 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code is found on the House of Representatives site.
- Do you know how your credit score is calculated? Investopedia breaks down the percentages and helps your understand the specifics.
- The U.S. Federal Courts website contains a very thorough explanation of the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process.
If you'd like to speak with an experienced bankruptcy attorney, contact Golden State Law Group at (619) 234-3333. We specialize in bankruptcy, foreclosure, tax and debt negotiation, and debt relief. Call us today to get started. We offer a free initial consultation, so you have nothing to lose!