If you are facing foreclosure, consulting an attorney about bankruptcy may be an important step in getting your financial life back on track. Read the resources below to learn more:
- Learn what it means to deal with second mortgages and the financial difficulties they entail at SFGate.com.
- Congress’s efforts to decrease Chapter 7 bankruptcies and increase Chapter 13 filings were not particularly effective before the great recession. Credit Slips graphs the data on this blog.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development website features an extensive FAQ section about loan modification. Look though the list of questions to see if yours is answered.
- If you are facing foreclosure, filing for bankruptcy can help you keep your home with an automatic stay. The Santa Clara University website explains the way an automatic stay is used.
- The federal U.S. Courts site spells out the legal process associated with both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings. Click through for a great debtor-focused resource.
Call our San Diego office at (619) 234-3333 to schedule an appointment with our experienced bankruptcy staff.